Back to your local site:
 



Related sites

MontereyHerald.com:
The online publication of the Monterey County Herald newspaper in Monterey, California.





On the Road ... Tour de France



Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My first mistake 

Anyone who read my column and is even a mild follower of the World Cup probably noticed a rather glaring mistake. And just to set the record straight, yes, I know the United States' first game is, in fact, being played in Gelsenkirchen (and I can't prounounce that one either) and not Kaiserslautern, as I had claimed in my column. So, don't worry. I won't accidentally end up about 150 miles north of my intended location. But, no, that does not necessarily improve my chances of getting in. It's now Tuesday and we still haven't received our tickets. That leaves about two days of mail delivery before we will leave town without tickets in hand.
  • My column in the Herald

  • posted by FreeSanJose at 5:17 PM

    1 Comments:

    I think it's pronounced "Gel-sen-kir-ken"

    By Blogger Mel Ott, at 2:01 AM  

    Post a Comment




    James Raia

    Get right up close to the peloton, as Herald correspondent James Raia follows the Tour de France. James can be reached at james@byjamesraia.com.

    Jeremiah Oshan

    Follow Herald sports copy editor Jeremiah Oshan to Germany as he cheers on the U.S. soccer team at the World Cup. Jeremiah can be reached at joshan@montereyherald.com.

     Latest posts



     Archives
       •  June 2006
       •  July 2006

    XML-RSS feed












    About Realcities Network | About Knight Ridder | Terms of Use & Privacy Statement

    Copyright 2006 The Monterey County Herald. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of any
    of the contents of this service without the express written consent of the Monterey County Herald is expressly prohibited.