Back to your local site:
 



Related sites

MontereyHerald.com:
The online publication of the Monterey County Herald newspaper in Monterey, California.





On the Road ... Tour de France



Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ticket update 

Another day has passed and I am still without tickets. I have no officially moved from hopeful to doubtful that our tickets will ever arrive. I'm still not 100 percent convinced that it was an out-and-out scam, but it still looks like we'll be without World Cup tickets when we leave town on Friday.
I have taken this much easier than my wife, Jeovana. While we both understood the risks inherent in sending money to someone an ocean away, I think she had her heart set on attending a game more than I did. For me, this trip was always about going to Europe first and attending a game second.
What can I say? Snakes on a plane, that's what.
Jeovana, though, seems intent on exacting some revenge on our English "business" partner, regardless of his original intentions. To her, not getting the tickets because of circumstances is only slightly better than not getting them because we have been scammed.
I just hope that he refunds our money if we don't get our tickets.
In other news, I will be drafting No. 4 in our World Cup team draft. By my estimation, that's a pretty solid spot to pick with the Nos. 2 and 3 probably being the worst because of the snaking nature of the draft (I can tell your eyes just glossed over, though, so I'm going to go ahead and end this.)

posted by FreeSanJose at 6:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




James Raia

Get right up close to the peloton, as Herald correspondent James Raia follows the Tour de France. James can be reached at james@byjamesraia.com.

Jeremiah Oshan

Follow Herald sports copy editor Jeremiah Oshan to Germany as he cheers on the U.S. soccer team at the World Cup. Jeremiah can be reached at joshan@montereyherald.com.

 Latest posts
   •  My first mistake



 Archives
   •  June 2006
   •  July 2006

XML-RSS feed












About Realcities Network | About Knight Ridder | Terms of Use & Privacy Statement

Copyright 2006 The Monterey County Herald. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of any
of the contents of this service without the express written consent of the Monterey County Herald is expressly prohibited.